Oct 4, 2009

Out of my hands

If you're a folllower on Twitter, you'd have read that I finally have submitted my application for PhD at UF. Upon clicking the "submit application" button, I asked Gruffy again and again and again if I should do it - cos I didn't (still don't) know how my statement of purpose sounded. I thought I covered (with Gruffy's help) every thing they want to know but by the time I was gonna copy+paste it from word to the admission system, I had to chop off like almost 2 paragraphs.

Naturally....I freaked out!!!!!! (insert hair-pulling crazy hani here). It was like wearing a strapless dress without my wonderbra!! Boobs saggy, unpleasant looking and all!

But like it says in the title, it's out of my hands now. I contacted Dr. Lamme telling her that I've submitted everything and will be meeting her another time when I am in Florida this coming holiday. Jo has submitted her letter of recommendation and suggested that Jan and Erika to write me the other 2 I need. Hopefully all goes well. I really wanna get my PhD before I am 30 because we plan to start a family :read: making babies around that age - if it was totally up to me, I'll get Gruffy to knock me up when I'm 28 but children cost lots of money so we wanna be stable and everything. By that time, my Gruffy would be Professor Gruffy and hopefully we'll have a nice 3 bedroom house with a backyard with garden gnomes whatnot.

Anyway, I was saying about getting my PhD before I am 30. If I start next year (I'd be 26), I'd have like less than 4 years to complete it. Seems impossible, but we'll see.

There'll  be lots for my head to process and adapt next year if all goes according to plan. Getting married, being a wife, moving continents, studying, studying while being a wife, being a wife while studying.

Ok I better not drive myself crazy with the future. Better deal with what's coming tomorrow i.e. lesson plans.

Oh great...

0 hug(s) for the bunny: