Sep 17, 2009

What Hani Wants

is to spend Raya with her fiance!! But not this year :( I guess we'll just have to do the whole raya-on-skype thing this year. Oh well.

School goes on holiday a day early so I am heading back up to KL in the morning I guess-it depends what time I wake up tomorrow. And I better not forget to set my alarm for sahur tomorrow cos last night I forgot and slept in-after not fasting for almost a week. I was so hungry today and some year one kid whipped out a pack of tiger biscuits out of his bag and started eating and boy, wasn't that a challenge!! And he even asked me to hold on to his biscuits cos he didn't wanna share with the other kids!

ah, the joy of teaching primary kids :)

managed to clean the rest of the house today and reminded Gruffy about paying zakat. I paid mine last couple days and it totally slipped my mind that he'd have to pay his too. At first was gonna pay his over here but then I rechecked with the his area's center's website and he could pay it there-plus the rate is different too so he's gonna go pay it today.

Since we are on that subject, I'm really proud of Gruffy. Of course it was a tough transition and having to learn new things that sometimes are unexplainable is tough-but he made the choice and commits himself to it. Maybe I should give him duit raya since he hasn't missed fasting even for a day and it looks like he's gonna get full 30 days too :) We'll see, maybe he'll get his DSi early and I'll get something else for his birthday and christmas ;)

This year I'll be able to celebrate thanksgiving, Raya Haji, his birthday, christmas and part of my birthday together! I'm flying off to New York on the 22nd and coming back on my birthday. I wish I could stay for new year's eve too but school starts on the 4th and I need to be back in Malaysia by the 3rd. Though flying back alone on my birthday isn't really my idea of a celebration, at least I'll get to spend most of it with him. If we go by Malaysian timezone, we actually will manage to celebrate whole 24 hours of my birthday - so I guess it's ok :) plus this would be the last time we'd have to do the flying-alone-to-see-each-other thing so that's a good thing!

So we'll be spending thanksgiving, Raya Haji and his birthday in Gainesville, then we'll either fly or drive back (not sure, we haven't decided) to Jersey and spend the rest of the holiday with the family. I seriously cannot wait so if you're asking what does Hani really want?

She wants time to fast forward to 22nd November so she can fly home!!! :)

0 hug(s) for the bunny: