Oct 8, 2009

I want my free time DAMMIT!

The harsh reality of the working world is slowly getting to me. I  am now very impatient, I get annoyed easily and these fill me up with extremely bad energy! My dad, Gruffy and almost other adults that exist in my life (apart from myself) told me that I'd come across so many characters at my workplace; both good and bad.

But I honestly didn't expect rotten ones.

Fine. I know I ain't that much of an angel goody goody hardworking type to be calling people "rotten". But I am super upset+moody+a total drama queen so leave me be!

I have 33 periods a week. On most days I'd be lucky enough to have a chance to eat but on Wednesdays I only have one free period and I usually rush from class to class and drink some water cos by the third period my throat would be so dry from all the talking  in class. When I was handed the full timetable at the beginning of the year, that old witch said sarcastically "you have a degree right? A graduate...your starting salary is higher than anyone in this school so you should be getting more periods than anyone else"

Like, uh...hello...fine I have a degree but I didn't major in *all subjects taught in primary school*. If you wanted to start talking about salary - I am surely grateful that I live in an era where there are lots of opportunities to study. But a word from the young teacher whom you think lack experience, opportunities don't fall from the sky. Even if they did, you gotta catch it and make full use of it. Then only you get something out of it. And in my case, I worked for my degree. And I think I deserve the amount of salary I get at the end of each month because I worked hard to get where I am and I work hard to stay there and I work hard to be better.

Of course I didn't say that to her face. I have been reminded to eat a slice of humble pie every once in a while, or just a tiny wee bit if I really cannot force down the whole slice.

But yesterday was the final straw - I couldn't take it anymore. Like I said, I only have 1 free period on Wednesdays. And she gave me a class to relief...while her pet teachers who only have like the most 25 periods a week lounge around or go to the next door hawker - free from all the worries in the world. You know why? Cos they have someone backing them up each time. An example of the advantage of being her favourites? You could still get that Excellence in Service whatever crap award even when you were on 2 months leave!!

How the heck do these people evaluate someone's work when he or she was absent for 2 months? Oh wait...got someone who would always back you up, write sugar coated recommendation and what not.

Well I don't care much for award or recognition, I'd probably be gone by the time I arrive at that point they would consider me a 'senior teacher' - but damn I care about having my one free period FREE!! and since she likes to play dumb each time I ask her "'what about that teacher who is really free?", I am gonna give her a taste of her own medicine.

Noone plays bimbo better than I do, sistah!




4 hug(s) for the bunny:

Izyan Izzaty said...

is it THAT hard to be a teacher now in Msia? ok now im getting worried... gosh, when can i run from seniority-favouritism thingy?

HaniRose said...

The only way we can run from it is to break the tradition they've practised for years.

After all, government spent all that money on us to bring that most anticipated wind of change to the whole system.

It gets to you once in a while but it shouldn't bring your passionf or teaching down :)

Izyan Izzaty said...

:)
i cant leave comment on your storybook Love..so here goes my comment for your latest entry hehe!

haha this post is so nice i cant stop myself from commenting on this.

well, i am no stylish cute pretty girl myself. i guess, in your case (want to look good, cute, pretty etc but not wanting to spend so much) u just need basic clothes and few must-hav accessories. you can always mix and match your basic clothes and look different every time. bring few special dress but most important ones are the ones you will be wearing other than the special ones. accessories will help you a lot in that area.

*gosh, i must have read dolly too much!*

HaniRose said...

eh how come cannot post comment there? btw thanks! :) will look into it!